Powered by WebRing.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Bird Cages for Missy and Pedro


On this blog I am going to talk about my dear friend who has two birds. A red head Parrot, and white cockatiel. The parrots name is Pedro and the cockatiels name is Missy. I have four Westhighland white terriers. I love animals (can you tell) They are all great friends, which is a little unusual. But they grew up together so I guess that makes the difference.

Pedro and Missy share the same bird cage most of the time. Because of this Carol just bought the ez-care bowfront playtop bird cage to allow for the space both birds need. The one you see at the right of this page. They think they live in a mansion now. It is the nicest cage and so very easy to keep clean. They have so much room and area to play in.


Missy has a smaller wrought iron bird cage of her own,the one you see to the left of this page, but she prefers to live with Pedro most of the time, which is also a little unusual. When spring comes around each year Carol has to put Missy in her own cage, because she starts laying eggs and is a real grouch. It is the only time my dogs can't go near her. She hiss's at everyone. Then after a week or so Carol takes the eggs away and Missy goes back to live with Pedro and every thing is fine again. She has her own portable play stand, she lets Pedro have the playtop on the new cage.

It is so much fun to see dogs and birds that are friends. Pedro gets on his new playtop bird cage and sings to the dogs and they listen, it is so funny. They tip their heads and listen like they are really enjoying it. Missy just struts around on the floor like she is the queen.

What fun...I hope you have enjoyed hearing about my friends Missy and Pedro and also my dogs.

No comments: